View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 10:02 PM   #34
jts

i bought a 95 fld and stretched it and added a 28 box with all the motorhome goodies. had to have it inspected, show pictures inside and out and also show all reciepts for all major items (not that they probally cared if you stole anything or not) but if you didn't pay tax on any of the items when you bought them they wanted 6% sales tax even on all the stuff you buy out of state and had shipped to you.
also had to supply a nice discription of how it was built. 6 weeks later my 52,000 gvw motorhome title arrived and the registration is $81 i noticed in the pa manual that they would not approve the title transfer if it still had a fifth wheel hitch or cargo area. if you buy new and the unit comes titled as a motorhome i don't how they would ever know. last year we tried to have a friends unit done in ohio and the said that once it had been registered as a truck it couldn't be changed although if you send to a place like showhauler i think you get a totally new title and vin# what does your tile say warpath is the vin # the same as the original truck vin# just curious mine is considered modified and retains the original vin#
i haul a 32 car trailer with my 38'motorhome and have no cdl the pa cdl manual says rec vehicles are exempt but it doesn'y say anything about pulling a trailer although my license says anything over 10,001 you need one. i know of several racers pulling car trailers over 10k with pickup trucks have been stopped and parked because the driver did not have a cdl i plan to get cdl just in case. but will not be stopping at the weight stations it's a big grey area if and when i get pulled over it's purely 100% recreation and show don't ever say you race (cars bicycles or anything ) cause if you can win a trophy or ribbon thats a monotary prize then your a commercial vehicle there's always that prick cop just trying to make somebodys life miserable
jts is offline   Reply With Quote