View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
cjc

Matt, I'd be interested to know if you followed my advice and if you did, were you able to get invoices for the warranty work that was performed? As far as the popped panels go, they probably opened the seam and squirted in some polyureathane sealer/glue. Right? Guess what? It will eventually pop open again. The shit doesn't work for very long, at least the two seams that Showhauler repaired for me. I fixed two of my own and made sure that I cleaned the inside of the panel as best as possible before I squirted in a similar sealer/glue. My repairs have so far held up for about 6 months. We'll see and time will tell. Keep an eye on your jacks and the welded tubular steel pieces that are visible underneath. Last year 3 of my jack cylinders were replaced because of broken welds. I now have another one that has broken welds and two that are slightly bent. One front jack is kicked out to the rear by 3/4 inch and the other side is moved forward by 1/2 inch. I also found broken welds with the tubular and angle steel pieces under the motorhome. I guess all those groans and moans that you hear when you raise the rig up on the jacks are actually welded body parts destroying themselves. I can only imagine what's happening with the steel pieces that are buried behind the walls. I reconfigured the back end of my rig so that I would stop dragging ass. When it came time to cut out the original steel and weld in the new stuff, I was able to break some of the pieces off by hand. The welds didn't have any penetration. They were only being held together by the filler metal rather than the metal parts being melted and flowing into each other. Shit work at best. Let me know how you make out with your rig. It's been an interesting 3 years and 66,000 miles.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote