View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
KAYE RIVERCITY

....ECO- builders say 10% of floor space[sqft]-Maximum-depends on several things though...most important is sun heat gain and in the cold, heat loss and of course humidity issues...double panes are a waste of money in a RV with safety glass-only reduces fog on the inside and adds too little R-value to even calculate.....window pillows are the most efficient for the money[hot or cold]-I use them in my superinsulated house on all windows but the front facing in the fall....supposed to remove them in day lite,but I forget and just pull them in the spring [takes 2 minuites per window]....[can't remember everything-every day].....there is also the issue of escape windows-but a hammer will do the trick real quick if attached under the window on a bracket-along with a safety flashlite.....I have No windows because of the dog and I don't stay in except after dark-then I have no use to look outside anyway..... If I need to look outside -I open the doors.....to each his own-but the main way a RV is broken into is the windows-some are pried out with a small prybar-the rest are broken out with a blanket or rug over the window so the neighbors don't hear the noise....and then the RV is looted from with in....the thieves just walk away when they are ready.....usually by someone else in the park......as per the COPS in our local state lake east of Cincinnati.....I'm in the process[very slowly] of installing a alarm system in the truck and trailer so it can protect both or each one individually-at hose or on the road....geofkaye