Thread: CB RADIO
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
Warpath

I went with the handheld in this truck with it's limited dash space.

I ran a Texas Ranger in the old truck which was tweaked and tuned from a online cb shop that I cannot find the URL of. That was a awesome radio.

In my Coachman motorhome I ran the Cobra CB/WX unit and of course did not read the instructions which are for people who want something to work properly. On the first outing with it I could here people but quickly found out that they could not here me. I later learned that I did not have a grounded antenna. The next outing we are running along and the weather turns real bad and everyone is talking about a tornado. Well every so often the damn cb would start screaming away and it was so loud I would have to turn it off. But I was dieing to find out about the tornado so after a minute I would turn it back on and with in a few minutes it would go off again. Finally turned it off because the winds are howling and rain and hail is falling and I got to keep my attention on the road.

I heard later from my brother who was following a few miles behind that we where within minutes of the tornado which crossed the highway behind us. About 6 months later I had it happen again and that time figured out it was the emergency weather alarm. Dang did I feel stupid.

You'd think that I would learn, but still hate those instructions.