View Single Post
Old 09-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #1
JoeHDVoyager

I've been actively searching the used Class 8 market for several months now on line. Larry Ziegler, Jim Gehlan and others have lead me to believe that the Volvo VNL610 in the way to go. Biggest selling point on the Volvos - my wife likes them. (If I bought a Mack and it went belly up, I'd never hear the end of it!) My problem is, man there's a ton of "good looking" Volvos out there. Larry has been very helpful with tips like being careful about buying a truck with a double-bunk sleeper setup, etc. I accept the fact that there is risk in buying used, but would like to know how you guys minimized that risk and felt "comfortable" enough to actually sign on the dotted line. I've read JD Gallant's book on "How to Outwit any Auto, Truck or RV Dealer Every Time"; but these Class 8s are a little bit outside of that discussion. What were the two or three biggest things that sold you on your truck -- price, low mileage, looks, service records, dnyo test, etc.? Thanks in advance for your reply. Joe

Joe
JoeHDVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote