Thread: How about?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
Chevy57PkUp

Which reminds me of a time a few years ago when I was recovering from a traffic accident [is it an accident when some idiot does something too stupid to comprehend which causes a bad wreck?] anyway I was really stove up, not to mention it totalled by 77 Mark V which I owned from new and had less then 100k on it. So I needed to have the king pins replaced on my truck as I was hurting too bad to drive it the way I had been. New king pins made it like it had power stering in comparison. So after the king pic replacement I figured I'd get an LOF and took it to one of those lube places. Thinking that they might have less then full knowledge of the lubrication points on a truck older then anyone working in the place I scanned the page in the original owners manual [anyone remember when owner's manual gave you a complete lubrication spec sheet?] and gave it to the service writer. Hellz bellz he didn't have a clue, you should have seen them trying to look up the air filter replacement. When I explained to them the procedure for cleaning the oil bath air cleaner it was like I was talking Lithuanian to them. It would have been funny except I really needed a complete LOF done.
Chevy57PkUp is offline   Reply With Quote