View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 06:39 AM   #9
Brian Rowe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by warpath:
Brian -

Truck Conversions are still a very new product, so most potential buyers do not even know they exesist. A front engine is going to be louder than a rear engine, but it is no worse than a diesel pickup truck. Currently many of the trucks used are either manual or auto shift, which require the use of a clutch. I think many would shy away do to this fact alone, but with a little extra cash you can get a fully automatic Allison World Transmission. And the look of a truck conversion leaves a bitter taste in many who are die hard motorhome traditionalist.

These small negetives (for some) can't come close to the fact you can get a fully custom coach for the price they sell for. They are built on proven and well known chassis's where repairs can be made 24/7 by any truck repair facility. I would rather have a front engine diesel when repairs need to be made, which will be done outside of the coach. I would hate to see what your rear stateroom would look like after a engine overhaul in a pusher. The steel cage construction by Show Hauler is second to none and on and on...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill...Even if the fully automatic (which I would get) costs more, why not get it? I'm not a truck driver and have no desire to be shifting.

My only concern came to me last night around 2am while trying to design a floorplan. In my current 40ft motorhome, the cab area is nice as you and the passengers can get a very good view of the surroundings (like when sightseeing) and having the TV overhead makes for a larger viewing area. It just makes the living area that much bigger. It also provides a lot of light. From the pictures I have seen, it doesn't appear as though much light comes in these units. Most of them do not have many windows.

As far as the look goes, here are 2 links to coaches I have sent to my friends. They think they look fabulous:

http://www.becksmarine.com/Motorhomes/kwMHM11-02.htm

http://www.becksmarine.com/Archives/VolvoMhm61902.htm

That Volvo is awesome. I'd love to have something that looked that good.

Brian
Brian Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote