Thread: AIR HORNS
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #25
Chevy57PkUp

Absolutely anyone with a firearms background should go with what they know, like, prefer and there is no finer shotgun then a Benelli. My suggestion was aimed at RV'ers who were considering a weapon, without previous firearms experience. For my choice of home protection has to be my Maverick 88 with Sidewinder and Breachers grip which makes even one handed fire possible and gives an unbelievable rate of fire and reloading speed. The Benelli probably cost more then the Maverick and the Sidewinder conversion together. For the purposes of making an intruder understand they've made a grave error, the ability to lay down 10 rounds in 10 seconds reload and get off another 10 rounds in the next 15 seconds cannot IMHO be surpassed. Also slugs and OO buck have great stopping power and penetration, however I rather think a slug or 00 buck is something I don't want penetrating the walls of an RV which will happen if there is a miss, not that any of us would ever miss at o'dark-thirty in the AM after being startled awake. Number 4 shot inside at close range I still think is the anti personel round I'd choose and still in the Thunder-Five. That damm shotgun makes such a lump under my pillow.
Chevy57PkUp is offline   Reply With Quote