View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #47
Oakland Mike

As if you did not have enough to think about...

This may be sacrilegious on this forum, but have you thought about buying a tractor trailer? I am into mine right now for about 25k. Probably have about 40k when I am done, but I am installing a lift gate that could lift a car if needed. If you wanted to put a car in yours, you could just have a ramp door.

I have an old moving type trailer that has an interior height of a little over 11 ft. It also has logistics posts that I used to create a second floor. About 6'4" for the bottom and 4'6" for the top. The trailer is 45 ft long. I have about 20ft of garage, top and bottom and the rest is living quarters. Full size shower, apartment size appliances (20" stove, smaller fridge). Could have easily put in a larger fridge and stove. The trailer can be taken into an RV park and dropped if needed.

I will only need a non-commercial class A to drive it which is not that hard to get. If you did not want a 45ft, you could get a smaller trailer and still have the interior height. You live/work in Oakland California I take it? I can show this truck if you like sometime, it is being stored in Richmond. We are working on the interior now.

Mike
Oakland Mike is offline   Reply With Quote