Thread: RV Van Bodies??
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
KAYE RIVERCITY

....it you are going to use a 5 ton you are going to have a height problem with the 395'sX85X20's....turning is a problem also, as a 5 ton will take a 40 acre field to turn in....its about a 40 degree turn at best- as opposed to a 53 degree turn on a commercial tractor....you are not going to have any comfort at all because all militarys are springers and there are no airbags available that I have heard of being available.....you might call Joe/John Naglich in St. Mary's Pa and enguire-but I don't believe there are any cross overs....Naglich would know....the 5 ton will beat everything in the box to death rather quickly-including the box. They were never conceived as a troup friendly transport/only cargo....it will bust your azz if I remember correctly-slightly worse than a deuce and heaven compaired to the Mack 7.5 used today-even with the composite spring upgrade....and soldier pads in back.....'course Marines have no feeling in their backside from "war games" all the time, I have heard from the newer jarheads......but then again what does a jar need with feeling in his butt?...just something else to bitch about when he gets shot back there cuz they leave that end hanging out always....geofkaye[ remember today- Memorial Day]