View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #17
Radman

Today I ordered the cylinder that I will use for the lift adjust on the back of my T2000.

I think the T is different from the Volvos that I have been reading about in that the actuator rod I am replacing is only 9" long. The combination detailed by Dr Fun is too long for my truck, (but I still apreciated the post).
Based on conversations with others, the retrun force was an issue and one poster recomended more extension power than what I thought we would need. I was thinking that 5 to 10 lbs would work but based on the minimal cost differnce for MORE POWER I opted for the bigger cylinder.

I ordered this from John Henery Foster Company here in St Louis MO

Manufacturer - Bimba #SR-044-H a 3/4" top mount cylinder with a 4" stroke
2 options were added to the standard cylinder
· Stainless steel shaft (corrosion resistance)
· Heavy duty return spring (more return force)
The cylinder will have:
10 lbs return force (standard 6 lbs)
40 lbs extension at 100 lbs/ air pressure

The cylinder will be under 10" long with a rod end added to the shaft and we can make it work.
A simple bracket will be fabricated with 1/8" band iron and a tab to axel mount it.
Total cost less than 30 bucks

I will use a simple 2 way valve with a "T" inserted between the valve and the cylinder. I will cap the open end of the "T" an drill a small hole in the cap. The hole will allow the presure bleed off after the valve is closed and the level control will return to normal mode/ride hight.

If anyone is interesteed I can send a JPG of the drawings prepaired for mounting, just let me know. I couldnt figure out how to post the JJPG in the message.

I hope this helps someone out.

Rad