View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 05:49 PM   #9
Doug

I had been planning on 20% or more, and can do it through my Credit Union. Due to some professional opportunities that did and did not arise, I had to make a choice and had to get another house. This is going to be a long term plan for me, and I will probably due it all custom from the start, using the tips collected from the experiences posted here. I am expecting to want the ability to live in the conversion as a (near) full timer, although with the path that seems to be opening up, I may not have to do that (I had been considering doing government civil stuff on the other side of the state if the right opportunity came along, and waiting to buy until then). I want to get out of the apartment for tax and other reasons, and due to time constraints, a house is more practical now. (I can finance it really easily, among other things.) I suspect I will want to save and be able to plan from the start, using a truck speced for this purpose etc, as a long term "keeper". There are too many variable right now to take the risk.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote