View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 09:33 AM   #4
Warpath

Brian -

The funny thing about the Haulmark reps comment is, up until about 1 1/2 years ago (approx) Show Hauler built all of Haulmarks conversions.

Anyway, Kibbi has been one of the better companies at marketing their product up until now. I think you will see that Haulmark will surpass all of them when it comes to marketing and eventually sales. That doesn't mean Haulmark builds the best unit, just they are willing to lay out the most money. Haulmark also seems to have implemented a more traditional motorhome construction technique and thus lowered there costs and in-turn price. This will definitely attract alot of customers.

The problem with all of this is that conversions are still a very new product when you consider the market. And until alot of this product get some miles under it, we won't know what good or bad construction techniques has on the life of the product.

My reason for selecting Show Hauler over anyone else has always been the overkill factor. I just don't want to deal with a problem that is caused by construction less than Show Hauler's. And since I picked mine up over a year ago I have not had one single issue that merited a return to the factory for repair. My only issues to date have been 2 of the screws holding grounds on the chassis corroded away and the screws on the entry handle also corroded and needed to be replaced. That's it!

I think as time goes on your going to see Show Hauler will be known as the custom builder, where as many of the other converters finding it more attractive to have a one floor plan fits all concept. These can be mass produced and lead-time cut dramatically.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote