View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
Tom Riley

I have owned several "traditional" RV's, including two upper-line diesel Class A's. I presently have a Monaco Dynasty, which I have had for about 6 years.
Because of the high depreciation, low price-to-quality ratio, low safety factor, and numerous other factors, I am considering going to a truck conversion. However, not having had first hand experience with this type of RV, would appreciate any comments, both positve and negative.
At this point, I am thinking in terms of probably a Freightliner Columbia with either the MB or Detroit Series 60 engine and the Freedom Trans. Will probably get a 30-ft.box (overall length 41-42 ft). I have looked at Dynamax, Renegade, Haulmark, and PowerHouse Coach. In my opinion, Dynamax is very expensive for what you get. PowerHouse Coach is also very expensive, has "travel trailer" quality in the RV box, and has many other shortcomings. Therefore, at this point, am narrowed down to Kibbi and Haulmark.
I would very much appreciate comments on that would assist in my education on truck conversions since I am a "newbie" to this world.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote