View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #2

Over the years of travel I have seen campers converted on to truck chassis. I have seen very good conversions and some not so nice. I recent spotted am old Bull Nose Mac turned into a very slick toterhome and a matching trailer. I have purchased three Kentucky double drop trailers and created offices and moving star coaches.

I must admit I did not do each conversion myself. I paid companies that create mobile offices not mobile home or Rv conversion companies to complete the projects. They were not cheap! The oldest trailer I owns has been remodel twice. If you can afford to rebuild the old truck or locate a show truck you would have a very nice conversion that would not look like the cookie cutter versions seen on this site!

My advice would be to avoid travel trailer parts. To many of the modern day conversion are loaded with low quality RV parts. Shop of faucets at Home Depot not those cheap Rv crap! I purchase most of my parts at location that supply custom building materials.

Don't loose site of your dream! I am positive you will locate a company that will make your dream come true!