Thread: Skylights
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
KAYE RIVERCITY

....solarpipes or solartubes or something like that....who can remember model numbers for God's sake....home construction is a "get her done" business now.....you hardly get the box opened before the install is finished and the P/U is whizzing down the road to the nest house in the subdivision....you spend more time getting the contractor to pay the subs than getting the job done-If you get payed at all......I'd build them myself if I had to do it again using 2 square sheetmetal furnace ducts one in the inside of the other with about 4 inches of foam insulation and a double skylite with a small pancake fan to move the air to keep the moisture from forming droplets.....'course you can seal the inside with a plastic or glass cover but they will leak within a year unless you have a perfect seal-which ain't going to happen in my lifetime......plastic breaks down in sunlite no matter what.....great idea as a "come on" for new home buyers but those that know quality from glitz will delete them every time.....who wants to look up at a birds butt anyway?...geofkaye