View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 06:22 AM   #8
Warpath

Brian -

Truck Conversions are still a very new product, so most potential buyers do not even know they exists. A front engine is going to be louder than a rear engine, but it is no worse than a diesel pickup truck. Currently many of the trucks used are either manual or auto shift, which require the use of a clutch. I think many would shy away do to this fact alone, but with a little extra cash you can get a fully automatic Allison World Transmission. And the look of a truck conversion leaves a bitter taste in many who are die hard motorhome traditionalist.

These small negatives (for some) can't come close to the fact you can get a fully custom coach for the price they sell for. They are built on proven and well known chassis's where repairs can be made 24/7 by any truck repair facility. I would rather have a front engine diesel when repairs need to be made, which will be done outside of the coach. I would hate to see what your rear stateroom would look like after a engine overhaul in a pusher. The steel cage construction by Show Hauler is second to none and on and on...

About the lengths, I just found that on those area's DOT pages. I think your right about them not checking though.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 completely refurbished chassis. Currently in production - scheduled completion 1/10/03 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote