View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 10:09 AM   #4
BigToy

Start checking out the class 8's. I never knew what they were called but since I have discovered them I am hooked! Toter & Motorhome styles both have there pros & cons but I don't think you can tow with anything better.

From what I have seen so far 3 years old seems like the best place to buy. The first couple years they seem to drop in value about 15 to 20% a year but then it appears to stop with them only droping about a thousand a year after that. You will never find another tow vehicle that holds its value like a 3 year old class!

I thought I was 2 years away from a new one till I found a nice used one for about 1/2 the price of new. We all know, buying new, the first couple years value drops a good bit what surprised me is once you get past that they really don't drop in price much.

Good luck! I know what you are talking about with the truck. I have never been truckless and have been driving about 30 years. Sometimes a pick-up and sometimes a van, even occasionally a dump truck but always a truck!

Later,
Skip
BigToy is offline   Reply With Quote