View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
Warpath

Brian -

You definitely want to drive one before buying.(you know that though) I never had a pusher, though I have driven one and a conversion is going to be louder in the drivers compartment. I had gas Class A's and I would say it is comparable to that noise, with the whistle of the turbo most notable.

As for driving characteristics, a truck conversion is much more stable on the road, less body lean, very stable in cross wind conditions. I will relay my Florida trip again, when we hit the upper half of Florida we had 30 mph plus cross winds which I didn't even know about (other than watching RV's of all types bobbing and weaving all over the road) until we stop at a rest area. I had a guy pull in with a Country Coach that I past early and he came up and asked about the rig and how I was cooping with the wind. I laughed, because I didn't even realize it was blowing that hard, I had no problem with the wind at all. This is the very reason I bought a conversion was for this stability in all conditions. Later that week we rolled back up through a major blizzard in Tn, Ky and Ohio and again I maintained 55 mph and had no problem with the wind and snow. I will say I did not see or pass one motorhome on the road that day, though we did talk to 2 couples in a rest area that did not feel safe on the road in those conditions and decided to sit it out.

Do these ride like a full air ride pusher, which are setup for a soft comfy ride, probably not. But I have air ride up front, a very long wheel base, and single rear axle so my conversion has a very plush ride. Since I never owned a pusher, my wife never got use to the near silence a pusher affords up front, but then again my wife has never had a issue with noise or looks for that matter, some women may or do.

As far as the interior goes, there is nothing that compares to real wood. I can only speak for Show Hauler, but you have real wood, so the interior is built to take the abuse a family can put on drawers, cabinets, doors, ect..

We leave X-mas day for Florida from Ohio and with 300 gallons of fuel, we wont have to leave the highway at all, not to hunt for fuel, place to sleep, or food. I love that.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote