View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 PM   #11
KAYE RIVERCITY

....I use something called R-Max...It's a polyisocynate foam board with facings that are aluminum foil... 4X8 sheets 1"=R-7+ Factor....easy to cut with a sharp dry wall knife-glue in place with Liquid Nails/Silicone and fill in gaps, if any, with spray can foam.....my drywall hangers did my whole trailer in 5 hours.....2 layers thick-after I removed the walls and ceiling-which, we put back as soon as they were finished.....there are newer products that have even a better R-Factor but they are expensive....Reflectix bubble wrap is over rated and will degrade if there is any rubbing in the wall-though I have used in in the ceiling of my Volvo over the drivers area/in doors and along with spray can foam and some R-MAX....not really enough space to be super effective but I had the interior out to clean it and fill all passage ways with foam sealent....I have discontimued the air exchange system in the tractor in favor of forced ventulation as I have a under bunk heater/ac unite which is powered by the Onan Generator on the back of the truck....using a HVAC program I have calculated a Maximum 14,000btu usage out of the 36,000 available.....If it gets that cold or hot I'm heading back home....geof