View Single Post
Old 03-13-2003, 09:32 AM   #3
Warpath

Like Geof mentioned Show Hauler likes to remove the air ride cab and basically make the cap and motorhome one. With about 2800 miles on the new rig I would say that there is no need to worry about keeping the air cab. My rig rides 1000% (no exaggeration) better than it did when I bobtailed with the cab air. I can go as far as saying the ride is equal or better than my Ford Windstar van which has a awesome ride. I do have Brocks air suspension up front which maybe the difference and if so I highly recommend you add it.

As for the integral sleeper. I have been there and almost did that and now that I have had a chance to use the rig, I would say if you plan to use the extra seating for adults it maybe nice, but you would have to add very large side windows to make it nice for them to see anything. I used mine in that configuration before I sent it to be converted with my kids and it did not work as I planned. Kids like to make a lot of noise, keep them out of the drivers area and let them sit in back and watch movies and use a play station. It will make your long drive much less stressful.

One other consideration is the increased length. I am at 40' with a 28' motorhome box. I see some conversions like the Powerhouse running 50' and that is looonnngggg!

Just some thoughts.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote