View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #16
KAYE RIVERCITY

.......huummm....kinda like the posures on the street with their lo-riders....hit the switch and the vehicle raises/lowers about 10 inches...that is an idea for the after market group to offer for MH's ....a lift system[air] to raise and lower the coach.....kinda like a city crip bus that kneels at the curb so a gimp can get on[I'm one-so don't get nutzo on me for my descriptions-I'm talking about myself]....the height issue is the number one reason for my car hauler trailer instead of a 5th wheeler....I can make it into the trailer no matter how bad things get[crutches walking/walker or wheel chair] by either the ramp or the side door....Some days getting into the tractor is a real "task" my knees don't want to cooperate without causing me pain....then..... the next day I can "almost'' run[fat chance of that].....but a tractor that would kneel is an interesting issue....I am considering a toter design with the trailer with a additional rear entrance If my knees/neck/back go south....I was thinking of adding a electric over hydraulic folding step[like a small lift gate] that would raise me to deck height so I didn't have to climb into the cab the usual way....If I need it in the future....then a regular "back door" into the toter part of the cab with usual entrance into the tractor part of the cab......geofkaye- " in the what if mode again"