View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
KAYE RIVERCITY

DO NOT CUT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OVER THE CAB....wind pressure and rocks/branches will give you a supprise on one of your camping trips....cut only the sides and maybe the back door.. Get a router with a carbide drillblade similar to a drywall router blade....it pierces and cuts both-looks like a drill bit with tiny blades where the drill flutes should be...it cuts aluminum and is about 1/4" in Dia......lay out you jig and tape it into place-I use 4 sheet matal screws one in each corner to keep it from slipping-use goggles and go at it...if you cut any studs inside you can weld them[yuck] or use VHB 3M tape to repair them with commercial pop rivets/sheet metal screws/new 3M glue like liquid nails....I use tape/SS pop rivets cuz I'm lazy....makes a very solid frame...remove the cuttings[very carefully and cleanly] and install the rubber and soap the glass and slide it in-install the round bead part of the window gasket-use WD 40 for that and a screen tool....your done! I try never to cut into the top if it all possible....most leaks are in the top because of expansion and vibration/tree limbs.....geofkaye