View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
kblackav8or

I have been on the list a couple years now. I haven't bought anything as yet, the Navy keeps me too busy. I also keep flip flopping between a truck and a bus. I have been watching a Crown HiPo I really like which is a little of both if you know how crowns are put together. It is everything a truck conversion would be except where the engine is installed. The wife unit keeps the brakes on so I haven't moved on it yet. The owner is pretty patient. The truck bit of this is I really like older conventionals. My wife doesn't like the refrigerator on a truck look of some of the rv boxes but doesn't mind ones that have shape and look modern one.
1. What does a box cost if I provide the tractor. I know there are widely ranging prices. Say 28 foot average. I am interested in more of a range then a specific number.
2. Has anyone done something like a furniture van trailer conversion with success. I see the problem with them being height more then anything. They don't fit many places all that well.
3. Any reason a truck is better then the Crown I like? For reference - Cummins BC 400, RTO-913, dual drive SLHD axles 4.10 ratio. It is all set up but needs an interior update. 30k is what he wants for it. I have pictures if anyone wants to see it.
I am interested in an ongoing discussion to sort this out for myself.
Kevin