View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
Mike Yager

I guess I should tell you the plans and some reasons behind them. Basically I drag my jeep with me all around the east coast and hopefully out west. I used to tow a 16' trailer with an 01 PSD and just found I had a POS truck and it sucked gas as a DD (dailyu driver) I really didn't like towing as it just never seemed optimal. Literally forced to tent camp, or drag a slide in camper. Seen a u-haul build up on a 4x4 site and happened to find one locally forsale in good shape.

Anyway, yes have considered all the things i can do. 80% of the time ill be camping at an site with hook ups ar at least elec. Most places have fair bath houses so full on plubing isnt a requirment. We come back from 4x4-ing filthy so basic acomodations are better than tent (aka none) accomodations. Plan for a small microwave, mini fridge. I have a small window A/C unit ill be hanign in the partition wall inside, into the 'garage' area at the rear. I have plans to add things as the project progresses, but day 1 will be dry/cool sleeping.