View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 06:20 PM   #8
Warpath

All I can say is WOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

I drove it about 30 miles home from the tire shop on Thursday night. I definetly notice a big difference. For the 250 mile ride up to Middlebury, Indiana I knocked the front tires down to 95 psi and the truck was like a completely different vehicle. I lost the shimmey which was awesome,(not sure if it was the rims or the tires, but at this point I dont care) and the ride was just incredible. I only replaced the front tires with Michelin XZE on the recommendation of Ziegler tire. They actually thought I was crazy to replace the rims I had as well as the front tires. They really look out for you and did not want to spend or waste my money, and I am sure their advise is very good for day in day out drivers. Since it will probably take me 5 yrs or more years to wear out these tires, I am more concerned with ride quality then saving money. The XZE's where $289 ea. and they gave me $100 ea. for my front tires. They also gave $50 ea for the old rims which I felt was fair.

Well when I get it back I will probably have the XZE's put on the back, they made that big of a difference!

1995 FL FLD120, M11, custom interior.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote