View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
BravestDog

Ken

Were you hoping it was less than $125 or $250? Did you have to drive far for the test spin?

Did you test everything in the rig?

Sometimes I sleep in my Toyota truck with a cab high camper shell on an inside platform with storage underneath. Sleeping in the Toyota, I've realized, for minimal sleeping needs, it has to have approx 20" plus for my shoulders and 6-7' in length so I can stretch out. I'm 6.2/200lbs. That 20" gives me an inch or two of room between my shoulders and the ceiling. Not a lot, but just enough to turn over.

I have to crawl/roll into that space like a snake. But when you are sleeping, you just need something straight/flat, ideally level unless you can roll downhill into a side wall and somewhat soft with proper ventilation.

If I was to design sleeping quarters for myself and guests and wanted the ability to sleep a lot of guests, which can be nice at times, I think I would minimalize the sleeping space and save the big spaces for the living areas.

I don't need a lot of fancy things, I need things that are going to work well. Would like to see the Russian version of the Truck Conversion.

Vladimir:

"Dat is vhere you sleep. You don't need much comrade.

To make the slideout extend, go outside and turn the big handle clockwise.

To make the toilet flush, step on dat black foot switch 2 times.

To turn on the heater, put a log into the stove.

And the vodka, cheese and crackers is in the metal cabinet with the plastic cups."

Minimal automation...
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote