Thread: AIR HORNS
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #43
Chevy57PkUp

No we aren't the only ones, I'mnoteven sure I'd call myself paranoid. Besides whatever possible risk or not there is, propane isn't as clean as electricity for cooking or heating. I don't know about efficiency and cost comparison. I do know that in my area it is cheaper to heat, cook and dry laundry with LNG, but it produces soot no mater how clean burning it is thought to be and as far as I know propane doesn't burn any cleaner and even if it does in a confined space like inside an RV, electric cooking has to be cleaner. As for space heating and water heating I'm using a diesel fired system which for my purposes can't be beat. It puts out enough hot water for a whirlpool tub, much less long hot showers which when I'm connected to hookups is what I want. Also I think a really big ass generator is the only way to fly, both it and the diesel engine can run on WVO for next to free for most of the time and if somone would invent a diesel burner for the hotwater system I'd burn WVO there as well.
Chevy57PkUp is offline   Reply With Quote