Thread: 92 frieghtliner
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #20
KAYE RIVERCITY

....I use 3/8" exterior plywood G1S for interior finish and do the seams with 4" strips of 1/8 luan 3 ply....'course I paint or carpet/use 1/8 inch foam/ cloth....over the wood- I hate the natural wood look cuz I taught Highschool wood shop for 100 years or so.....I never want to see the grain of natural wood again.....[Including my coffin-I want Stainless steel welded] anyway plywood won't react to moisture like OSB and has less glue in it so there fewer VOC's and formaldehyde to off gas.....plywood will stand up to some flexing without ripping at the screwholes...and will not split when the girls crank down on the screws too tight...any glue will stick to plywood[Elmers] but won't do well on OSB without scuffing up the surface...there is some kinda coating for rain resistance....OSB can only be wet 5 times before it is mush- plywood is somewhat more weather resistant is the edges are painted after cutting...OSB has an interesting surface after it is painted but plywood is always the same....sealer on OSB is recommended....IMO, OSB is good for housing but doesn't stand up very well to motorhome use....Though I'd never use anything but the urea glued 50 year warranty OSB for the floor....geofkaye