Thread: Weekend trip
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 11:51 AM   #1
Warpath

Two weekends ago I decided to finally install some insulating material I purchased from Bonded Logic back in January to insulate the cab. I saw the posts on insulating the hood of the truck here and figured I would start there since that is easy to access. Boy that made a big difference in noise on the outside and inside of the cab. Last weekend I got to test out the noise reduction during a weekend trip to Cooks Forest. Thankfully a buddy warned me about the road out of Clarion Pa., because it is not well marked until you hit one mother of a steep grade. I am so glad I put that exhaust brake on, with the truck in 6th, the brake held me back with just a few stabs at the brakes on the way down. I would have hated to run that hill with just the service brakes, I am not sure how much pedal you would have left at the bottom, which had a 90 degree curve and then over a bridge at the bottom.

We had ton's of rubber necker's all weekend, but thankfully no walk throughs. It rained hard Friday night and the place was turning into a mud pit. On the way out we had 2 groups of people waiting at the exit to check out the rig in motion, I was starting to feel like I was important.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote