Thread: Axle Removal
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 06:39 AM   #6
onezman

Hi Robert,

Sorry about the tardy reply. I've been out of town a few days. I bought two white 2000 610s with autoshift for my next conversions.

Chuck filled in nicely in my absense. First, find someone who does this type of converions. If a shop can't even quote you a firm price, you don't want them working on your truck.

A frame shop that knows what they are doing can do a conversion in about 16 hours. You may have to wait a day or so beyond that while a new driveshft is built by a driveshaft company.

I have never had a conversion that was not completed within 4 days. I have a shop that will allow me to assist. We can do a conversion in 10 hours not counting the driveshaft. Make certain the company you choose uses all new class 8 bolts. After the conversion is finished, before installing fenders, light bars, ets, I try to have the frame sandblasted and painted.

As far as selling differential, tires and wheels, figure you may get 50% of retail for the tires and wheels unless you want to try to sell them yourself to users.

Usually you just have to get on the phone and call around till you find someone who will make you an offer for the differential.

These truck parts places buy entire trucks wrecked for around $10K. They have diffferentials, transmissions, engines, etc that have been setting on racks for years unsold. Consider yourself lucky if you get $400 for it.

onezman
onezman is offline   Reply With Quote