View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
truckguy

The story about the ride was a good one.

I started out asking questions about doing a HDT conversion, but the topic changed because I was told the ride wouldn't be what I wanted. From there I got into educating why I use an F250 to pull our 5er.

The crux of my question has become how do I build something better than my current setup. (F250 and 5er.) The main limitations of my current setup are in the area of travelling, that being rough ride, limited fuel capacity and the 5er being on the high maintenance side of things sometimes. Access to the living area while travelling (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) would be great too.

I think the answer is to build a shorter HDT conversion so that it is maneuverable (single axle) and spend some time soundproofing it and possibly tuning the suspension.

A bus is out of consideration because of the safety factor for the driver in a crash. Ditto for a motorhome.

A HDT pulling a 5er is out of the question because I don't consider an HDT a suitable daily driver while we are parked. Although I know other people do it.

Tell me how to make a HDT conversion ride really well ! And then lets go back and discuss the questions I posed earlier.

We should be able to make a HDT conversion ride as nice as a bus, right ?
truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote