View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
BravestDog

Quote:
Even though conversions are built incredibly well and should last for a very long time; dealers, manufacturers and selling owners have driven all of the resale value out of the used market. There is no way that customers can continue to take huge hits in value and that will drive customers out of the market.
Warpath,

I'm trying to read between the lines here so pardon my summary if it's incorrect.

Are you saying that conversions cost too much initially, (the manufacturer must make a profit along with the dealer, and all the others who assist with building it) and then when it comes time for the owner to sell their used conversion, the converison sells for a lot less than what they paid causing the owner to take a huge loss?

Is this sort of what you are saying?

Back to the transmission questions, are there only two types of auto's or are there more than two types?

1. one type is fully auto like a small car. put it in gear ie "D", step on the gas and it shifts up and down according to the computer program, rpm, load...? but you can manually shift it gear by gear or keep it in a specific gear if you want?

2. other type, you use a clutch to start it from a stopped position and then it up and down shifts on its own like the small car autos? do you push the clutch in when you come to a stop?

Which type are they using in the semi type commercial trucks and which type are they using in the conversions?

Thanks.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote