View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
Wick

AS someone who has a 46ft conversion, I guess I can partially answer your question. We spec'd ours out and designed the floor plan to meet our needs at the time. We are in Virginia and do not see us ever driving to Ca. My wife never liked driving our previous bus style motor homes but once she got behind our truck conversion she actually enjoyed driving it. It handled high winds and all the truck traffic wonderfully. Stopping it with our 32ft tag trailer was no problem either. We needed the extra length to accommodate our kids and our needs as we used it allot. We as a family would travel all over the country from Texas to North Dakota to all points North East to Florida and back to Virginia. When the family was not with me I traveled with two helpers and we liked to sleep in separate beds. I was gone about 32 weekends a year (from Wednesday thru Monday). Having the extra room and the space for all my equipment. So in short it comes down to desire and need. I agree some go over the top with length. I have seen some in the 50+ ft range that I thought was ridiculous.
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote