View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
kblackav8or

I have been through 3 variations on RV's. I have always loved big trucks. Been around them quite a bit as a kid. My Dad was in the trucking industry for 35 years and still kind of is even retired. I currently have a F-250 Superduty and a Alpenlite Durango truck camper. Very well made but a little too small. I have an old Mustang that I road race thus I need to be able to tow which is why I gave up a 26 foot trailer for the camper. Wife isn't totally happy with the loss of room and cramped nature. My dream is this:
Either a Needlenose Pete or KW toward the end of production (late 60's) that has been updated/upgraded. Also partial to the first 10 years of Freightliner conventionals. Peterbilt 359 also on the list. From there covert or add a lounge to the tractor. Thinking trailer is the best way to go for hauling car/living quarters later on. Could go motorhome too. I know about the pitfalls of the old ones. Rough ride, worn out etc. Those things can all be addressed in time. Anyone have input or things to add to that. Hopefully I can transition in the next few years. I think my camper is worth the cost of the Tractor. Any inputs or comments welcome.
Kevin

2k PSD F-250 dually conversion
Alpenlite Durango Camper
Thinking Retro - Needlenose Pete KW or early Freightliner Conventional - Pre Diamler Benz
kblackav8or is offline   Reply With Quote