View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #6
KAYE RIVERCITY

....Gary is correct-in a big way....the most important question is one of COST-unless you are like me and can buy almost anything you want- the up front cost of a bus conversion is just one issue....the other is insurance-when I was looking at a slightly used[22,500 miles] MCI-[Custom Coach some years ago] the insurance was about $3000 a year for the coverage I needed....that was a deal buster right in the Custom Coach's Office-that and the $187,000 for the coach which at the time, was a little high, Today I would jump at it-but the insurance wouldn't happen-never!.....Upgrades are expensive-as over the years coaches get "dated" and need upgrades and uplifts/freshening here and there-graphics sometimes "date" a coach and can cost $10,000 to redue alone.....I'd stick with a conversion just because the upgrades and uplifting/refreshing can be a DIY or can be done by most car interior shops-or even a tent maker like I have here in Cincinnati who does boat interiors....as time goes along a conversion holds it's value where a bus is a major investment that looses 50% of it's value as it rolls out of the manufacture-new. Think I kidding?- look at the number of buses that are for sale and on consignment....January there will be even more in the South....-choose a conversion-save money and cut your costs-now and in the next 5 years....geof