View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
cjc

Has anybody found a supplier for sheet aluminum? I need to find a distributor who can supply a single sheet of .025-.032 aluminum that's 45 feet long continuous. Please don't suggest all-rite because as far as I'm concerned, they're thieves. The price they charge the average Joe is $31.10 a running foot unless you're a business and you get it for half that amount. I understand that retail is more, but double the price? F/U! I'm hoping to find a distributor that has a point in the southeast so I don't get killed on the truck shipping. I'd prefer to go pick it up myself if possible. It's great to have to replace a roof on a motorhome from Showhauler after only 5 years especially when you consider that the rig is garaged when not being used. The roof is full of holes from corrosion. When I redo this, it will have a crown to allow water to run off and will also have some kind of non-skid protectant rolled on. That's just a little thing that Showhauler forgets to do and you get to repair way too soon. Opps! Well, hopefully, the lousy economy will put them out the door. That's a shame. Too bad, so sad. Ok, I've vented enough now.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote