View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 12:00 AM   #16
KAYE RIVERCITY

....one of the issues that my partners and I are looking into is the spray in place poly foam business....we have been interested in this for 2 years now and haven't done a damn thing but send for information. I have a 2700 sqft house with SPF walls and combination foam board and fiberglass batt ceilings[R-30 walls and R-60 ceiling]....my HVAC costs are 25% of my neighbors....so the stuff works!....It's already paid for itself in the 5 years I have lived in this house by a factor of 3. Aside from that and the cost which is around $1.00 a board foot currently....the place is so quiet I can't hear what's going on outside-dog barking-[my coon hound]local police car siren on yelp till it's in front of the house....SPF is used in most trailers[reefer] but I use foam board because of the labor cost-I use Mexican drywallers-and bridge the joints with alum. tape that we use in the HVAC department.It has a R-factor the same as any polyisocynate foam of R-7 per inch then add the foil for radiant and air movement....1" foam board is $10.00 for a 4X8 at out cost and we have plenty of scrap....I have contacted the bubble wrap supplier and they can't give me any R-value ASME/ASHRE Certification....though I do use it on duct work at a cost of about 30 cents a linal foot...I have used it in my Volvo over the drivers seat and in the doors for some added insulation and infiltration control...My feeling is it is location specific....I haven't looked into it...the supplier told me not to use it around machinery as the vibration makes it break down quickly....we will see....geof