View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
Marc

Hey Guys, I think I will add $.04 cents this time. I have this plastic milk case with this useless information in it, So I guess it has to go somewhere. A couple friends of mind were talking about this at lunch again today. Years ago on the Road Trucks we ran 90% of them had liftable tag axles on the Power unit & the trailer. We were able to adjust the weight anywhere we needed it if there was a problem at the States Weigh stations. The air valve controls and gauges were in the stylish very well appointed sheet metal cab with a pasta bowl of 3/8" & 1/4" copper tubing running everywhere. I am not old (51) but was pushing those trucks up & down the East Coast at 16 yrs old. AhAhAh the Memories of No Powersteering,NO
Air Conditioning,Very comfortable climate control about Feb.it would start to cool down in the cab,But come March it was hot then hell.And the power we had was the Greatest NA220
hp Cummins,(No-Turbo) The always ready and wet 318 Detroit V8 that could see hills two miles down the road, And those fine crafted transmissions such as the Plex family.Dup,Tri and oldest brother Quadra. Not to forget old Brownie and his siblings. But that was then and this is now. You can't manual adjust anything today. My Perfect Toter would have a complete air panel to adjust the large air bags located everywhere I could stick them. And I don't want to leave out the entertainment centers we had.But thats another story. Marc