View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
rockdale

I am interested in buying a conversion. I have found racingjunk.com with the largest listing. My issue is the asking price on the used units. I do have some experance with rvs. They do not hold there value. Example I purchased a new "high end rv"(if there is such a thing in the rv industry)it is now 4 years old and according to NADA and my dealer it is worth less than 1/2 of my original purchase price. I can swallow this but not easyly. after all the book says so.

Now I am looking at used conversions. I find a hand full of used units and all the prices seem to be very high as they are 3 to 7 years old. Doing what I think is correct is I go to NADA.com and check to see what they say the used units are worth. What I found is the book price is some times 1/2 of what the dealers and the private sellers are asking. One other point I would like to bring up is when ever I have traded in an RV,car,truck,boat, the dealer has always pulled out his NADA book and insulted me with the price, again I except this it is what the book says. Let me know what you think.
rockdale is offline   Reply With Quote