View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
vonTrapp

Hi all!

First post here, but no stranger to forums (I'm a Cummins 12 Valve guy if you hadn't noticed by the signature )

What I have been hankering to do is to modify the interior of the FL70 we have. I realize it's a work truck, but I really want to lay out a project plan and do the cab interior. Heck, I spend 10 hours a day driving all over the city, so might as well be comfy! (and handsome ).

The dash and instrument cluster is what I wanted to tackle first. Specifically, I'm very interested in putting in a darker rosewood looking material on the dash; the plastic stuff would be fine (easy cleaning). Have a few other ideas too, but it's a longer term project as time permits. Nobody has done this here yet to a lowly waste truck, so why not be a trailblazer?

1) Does anyone know of an upfitter / aftermarket source for prefab dash panels, kits, door panels etc? I found one online retailer, and MAN $1000.00 for a couple pieces of plastic for the dash? Yikes!
2) Anyone have some links to photos of motorhome FL series cabs?
3) Is there anyone in Calgary / Red Deer / Edmonton who sells aftermarket parts like what I'm after?
4) Finally...anyone on the board done this kind of work themselves?

Thanks all for taking the time to read this post.

ps at the risk of sounding like I'm trolling (I'm not) permit me to say that I've been a long time member of another forum devoted to the Cummins engine (mainly the 5.9 of all years, although we do have some people with 8.3L experience). If we could help anyone with engine issues, PM me and I'll send the forum link...we're NOT a "pay" site BTW. Just a bunch of people who like to geek out with diesels and help out where we can

Out of respect for this board's users I won't post the URL unless I receive permission from a moderator.

Again...not trying to recruit