View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 05:33 AM   #5
Warpath

Hey fastlap, who's rig do you have now?

I know one of your concerns is the underside. I really don't think rust proofing works very well on these rigs. I would think having the underside frame structure painted would be far better. But it would have to be done professionally. They put a light coating of oil on the rails when shipped and if not prepped right, that paint is not going to take.

When I think about this, it seems you get good and bad with each answer. And since I have not owned a NRC, Trendsetter, Kingsley or other, nor have I looked at them up close I am not going to try and comment on them.

I do like Renegades FRP smooth side exterior. Super strong super durable. But I wonder about the interior support when you are hanging cabinets and such. (No steel to screw into) My concern with FRP is what if just one screw loosens on the exterior and water starts to get in behind the fiberglass. I don't know how or what they use to water proof that part of the construction. It may not be a concern, but I just don't know.

I love Show Hauler's storage bay doors. They use a single slam shut latch which makes it very nice to open and close. Also their interior is top notch as far as quality and construction.

Since I am a motorhomer I would like to see more system controls. Show Hauler definitely keeps it simple in this area which is probably a good thing, but I like displays to tell me what is going on.

Boy I think it is going to be hard to get most of these companies to do just a partial part of the work. I doubt any of them would want to put a interior in another mfg'ers box.

Keep us posted!