View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 07:18 PM   #8
keszr1

Joe - When I saw those pictures I almost blew an o-ring. I should send you a copy of my notes just so you can see how well you put the better part of my thoughts into a real world example. I was amazed - I love what you've done. With little difference you've designed what I've wanted to accomplish. I sure wish I was closer to your builder. I've been wanting to retain my air slide holland - but for now am also retaining the hitch itself. excellent looking work. BTW - my manufacturers manual recomends lubing the slide w/WD-40 type lube. Either way though - I can only say I haven't had a problem with it in my limited experience using it. Only comment is to make sure the "pins" are engaged and its really locked.

You've encorporated some major items I wanted such as retaining the slide, encorporateing removeable panels, inframe boxes and also the fact that it bolts to the truck frame.

Excellent - my compliments and admiration. I dream of finding someone that can do similar for me now that I have made the decision to try and keep toe ole 770.

My major difference is 2 things. 1) I miss my pickup bed and want sides on my bed for hauling material when necessary. 2) I like the look of my rear body work and catwalk and want to keep that - so the bed would only go up to that point - not needing the front panel section. I haven't measure yet but I guess an item #3 would be that I'd like to add a deck box between the bed and the catwalk if I had room. I figure when the kids get older and I get back into bikes I can add a rig like Jim G. has then in my catwalk area.

I imagine my ramblings are of little value to the group. I'd love to exchange an email or two to avoid attempting to reinvent the wheel. I primarily wanted to congradulate you and support requests for more pictures as well. great work

Kevin E. Silva
ZR1 Parts for sale -
<home.attbi.com/~keszr1/zr1parts.htm>
In Major Need of an Update

1998 BMW 750il - Orient Blue
2000 Volvo VNL 770
NCM - #4738
ICQ# - 18873747
keszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote