View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 12:08 AM   #10
5erFool (John)

Bulvot
Kingsley,
I thought the same thing at first about Kingsley's method but...the walls are framed up out of square aluminum tubing.. Foam insulation is used to fill the voids... fiberglass outside skin is applied to one side and interior finish to the other and then they are vacuum bonded together... the assembly is screwed and glued to the edge of the floor built by Kingsley with hundreds of screws...the joint between the rear of the truck and front of the conversion is the strongest of all I have seen. Lots of steel...
The Truck,
I am looking a Volvo.. I like the idea of the 630 and having the roof line continue at the same angle till it reaches the height of the conversion.. But the 670/780 would be nice with the added height more toward the front of the rig.... of coarse the sleeper's length subtracts from the overall length of the conversion section. But by having 4 swivel air seats and a removable table in that section it could be the dinette/lounge for 4 anyway.. But we do not plan to have more than 4 there at a time anyway...and it would make better use of that area.
The Trailer,
Our dream setup is a stacker trailer for my Tundra and the wife's Solara... then when we hook up and take the vehicles out it converts into a large commercial kitchen with a nice dining area... My wife is a tremendous cook... and loves to do it..
The Plan,
We are travel nurses so we do 13 wk contracts at a hospital and then have the option of going to another. Our company provides us with living accommodations or will give us an allowance to provide our own.. You can figure the plan from there..
Good luck with your search,
John

PS Thor=
Aerolite
Airstream
Breckenridge
CrossRoads RV
Damon RV
Dutchmen
Four Winds
General Coach ON
General Coach BC