View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 07:33 AM   #1
keszr1

Good Day all and Happy Easter (hope thats a proper Easter greeting). I founf the site a short time ago and, due to the time constraints of two young ones, am a bit of a lurker - hopefully short term. I took a moment last evening to toss in a few pictures of my (our) 2000 Volvo 770. I know the 610 seems to be the flavor of choice lately so I thought maybe some pic's of its big brother (sister) would add a diversion. We've had her (or him - not sure yet) about a year now. We love her. We've actually had her for sale off and on for $$ reasons but I'm finding it more and more distastefull to follow through with the thought of doing so regradless of our position - that and the fact that we can't find a suitable means to step down and actually save $$. I originally planned to leave her as is for several reasons - two of which are 1) I love the look of a real work truck and 2) should I need to sell (funny how that reason came to fruition) it would still be marketable as a worker bee.
I do, however miss the pickup bed, of all things, in my old one ton cummins. Did allot of things for me. So I'm begging to entertain what I'd do if the $$ would allow us this luxury adn we can keep it. I know I'm rambling here - sorry about that. BTW - the kids absolutely adore this rig. Our 16mth old thinks hes king sh*t riding in his car seat in the copilot position. of course he takes every oportunity to pretrend hes shifting and driving when we're stnading still too. NEver thought I'd tire of hearing the air horn - well - I haven't - but I bet the neigbors have <G>. Shes got all the goodies in her - took time to find one spec'd that way too. Has the N-14 Cummins ESP with 435/500HP. Fuller 13spd (only HAVE to use 4-6 of them - but its great to have for setting speed to RPM in traffic)and a 231" wheelbase. Theres allot more too it. But I suppose I should save that for another day. Oh ya - BTW - we're in MASS and have her registered as an RV or Camper. Also financed as an RV too. It wasn't a picnic - but it was accomplished.

Kevin E. Silva
ZR1 Parts for sale -
<home.attbi.com/~keszr1/zr1parts.htm>
In Major Need of an Update

1998 BMW 750il - Orient Blue
2000 Volvo VNL 770
NCM - #4738
ICQ# - 18873747
keszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote