Thread: CAT 3126B 250hp
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
The TruckerWillie

Quote:
Originally posted by caddtech17:
any help with this engine and comments. its on a Toterhome freightliner. 46k original. 6 speed manual trans.
I have owner several Freightliner with the 250hp (6) Manual. Dead heading down the road I have averaged 15mpg. If your building a 26' box " Motorhome" on the conversion and not towing a big trailer just a light vehicle this truck will do 70 mph all day and night. It may slow down up step grades but so do 18 wheelers.

The conversion should average 11 plus MPH. This is not hear say. I have a garage Motorhome with that motor and tranny. I love it.

To be honest I also own a late model Prevost coach. You can not compare these units. I looked at all of the Truck conversion. Many were very nice but I found no Prevost quality manufactures.

On a budget you will be very happy with the unit in question. Many manufactures that build conversion on these chassis build over weight conversion on the light Freightliner truck. I would look in to the new light weight materials not the heavy steel cage conversion.

You need an Alum frame with a Poly Light Shell.

Good Luck!

Bill
The TruckerWillie is offline   Reply With Quote