View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Onegreatsteak

Any suggestion on how much or little to hang past the rear axle? This will effect how much I need to stretch the truck frame.

Also anyone with with experiance useing wireless broadband on the road?

Since I have the load capability I am thinking of a different electrical system for the truck. For solar homes they sell a power converter made for use with electrical supplies that vary power, "Wind mills, hydroelectric." When there is enough power it charges a large set of battery's. When there is not enough power it takes power from the battery's or power line depending on battery charge level. My idea is to use one of those converters or a similar converter with one or more solar home type deep cycle battery's or electric fork lift battery's. Although the fork lift battery is less efficient and heavier it is also tougher and can stand sitting up longer periods.

Those power units are made to run 365 days a year and last years. The battery's will charge from a secondary alternator on the engine and the converter will eliminate any need of regulation. No noise, fuel or exhaust to worry about.
Onegreatsteak is offline   Reply With Quote