View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 06:28 AM   #4
Warpath

Hey Matt -

The price on your M2 seems a little high, but I am not sure what has happened to the price of trucks over the past year. You may want to shop that a little more just to be sure.

The price on the motorhome/garage could be inline depending on how you have it spec'd out. If it is pretty well laid out I would say that is a fair price. Who's doing the conversion?

I have the M2 which weights in at about 30,000 lbs. Just yesterday I found out that the wrong motor was installed from the FL factory. Should have known better when someone but a cheesy sticker over the spec info saying it had 300hp. Should have been 300 hp / 860 tq. and it has 280 hp / 800 tq. The way mine is setup now it is a dog. Off the line it is very slow to wind up, pretty good torque from about 20 mph up to 45 and than dogs way out at 50 up to 65. Pretty good at 70 & 75.

Having said all of that, and knowing how it performs with 280 hp, I think with the 330 hp it should perform pretty well.

As far as leg room goes, I am about 6' and it is perfect for me. The cab depth is about the same between the Columbia & M2 as far as seating position goes. You seem to sit a little more laid out in the M2 and more upright in the Columbia.

For the intended use I would say the M2 is a good choice. Real maneuverable and I am sure it gets tight at MX events.

Keep us posted.