View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
Wick

Roy,
From my experience I found that if I bought a used truck and had a unit built on it was the best course of action for me. We customized every thing the way we wanted, not someone else's idea or floorplan. I made sure that I went over the truck with a fine tooth comb before sending it up to Show Hauler. Had the engine and drive train checked out and all maintenence and updates were done. Hoses and belts replaced and new tires put on. The recaps that were on the truck were of unknown history and I did not want to be stuck some where with a blown tire and the resulting damage could be costly. When we were finished I had about $50,000 less than a new truck/coach combo and had a unit that I would trust for years to come.
That is the way we have done the 2 that we have owned and we are now looking into a 3rd build as our family needs change. As I am not pulliung the big trailer anymore we are looking to build something designed for comfort and longer stays than something designed for pulling and 4-5 day stays.
That is what has worked for us. Everyone is different so you have to adapt to your needs.

Good luck!
Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote