View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Warpath

Mike, Geof hit it on the head, people that have had traditional motorhomes before are tired of the junk and are moving to a stronger product. And that is the whole reason I started this website, the problem is that strength is getting tossed to the side by alot of companies in place of a dirt cheap price.

But big bucks doesn't always mean better built. I talked with a guy the other day with a 9 month old $750,000 bus style coach and the rig has been in the shop for 6 of those months.

This is also one of the big big reasons that I get down on a few of these manufacturers who have jumped into the truck conversion ring and are building junk! The problem is that this industry is so new that we haven't even gotten to the 3-5 year old point on most of the production rigs out there so you don't see the major problems that are going to hit there unsuspecting owners in the next year or 2. And believe me they are a coming, I have talked to alot of owners of rigs, along with dealers, and others related to the industry and the problems are already starting.

As time goes on this site will become more beneficial as owners of conversion come on and let others know what is working and what is not.

All I can say is if your in the market for a conversion do your homework!

Bill